Red Clay Dance Company lives to awaken “glocal” change through creating, performing and teaching dances of the African Diaspora–change that transforms cultural, and socio-economic imbalances in our local and global community.
Our Vision of D.A.N.C.E:
- Designing a global model for synergy in dance performance, dance making, and dance education
- Advancing the avenues that dance uses to contribute to improving cultural and socio-economic issues
- Nurturing artists from novice to professional by housing an authentic pipeline within the company structure
- Collaborating to form a global community of game changers within the creative arts arena through unique partnerships, innovative performances and authentic engagement
- Elevating the importance of strengthening community through collaborative projects between African and Afro-Diaspora artists.
Our Core Values:
- We celebrate diversity while still embracing unity.
- We embrace cross-cultural collaborations.
- We demand honest and open communications.
- We expect integrity and originality in all of our work.
- We value honoring history and using that information to inform and create our company’s future.
- We promote healthy lifestyles and choices.
- We encourage comprehensive dance education
- We understand that non-profits need to demonstrate more clearly than ever how we deliver on our mission, while operating in an efficient, accountable and transparent manner.